HOW TO INSTALL YOUR NEW DECALS
Important Notice: Attn: Body and Paint Shops! If your cowl has been freshly painted please allow 3 or more days for paint to fully cure before you apply the decals. If you do not allow the paint to fully cure you may get tiny air bubbles in the decal that will appear after the application. These bubbles may or may not dissipate in direct sunlight over time.
Most of our Decals will consist of 3 parts:
1. Top layer or Clear Transfer/Application Tape - Matte Finish 1/4" larger than the decal itself, used to cover and hold decal while allowing you to apply decal in one piece. **May not be used on larger side cowl decals.**
2. The Decal itself.
3. Backing Paper - White colored wax-like paper which protects the adhesive side of the decals until it is ready to be applied.
**Application areas when there are curves in more than on direction may need specific attention:
(Ex. compound curves or bends on the engine cowl.)
Wet Application Method:
- Clean area before installation. Be sure there is no dirt, wax, grease, ect... in the area you will apply the decal.
- Use a squeegee for application. A squeegee can be found at most auto and marine part stores.
- Turn the decal upside down and slowly peel the wax paper backing off the decal. Peeling flat and at an angle may work the best.
- If Clear Transfer/Application Tape is present, the decal should stay adhered to the clear mask and only the wax paper backing should be removed.
- If the decal is not sticking to the clear transfer tape when removing the wax paper simply turn the decal back over and squeegee or rub the decal to allow the tape to adhere back to the decal.
- Spray sticky side of the decal and the application area with a mixture of soap and water (2 drops of dish soap to 1 liter of water).
- Be careful not to get the wax backing paper wet, once wet the backing paper cannot be removed from the back of the decal.
- After backing is removed stick the decal in place. The soapy water should allow you to move you decal into place.
- Once in place, lightly squeegee the excess water out and wait approx. 15 min and squeegee again increasing pressure, repeat until you get most or all of the water bubbles out and let the decal dry. -
- Any small bubbles usually dissipate in the sun over time.
**Also remember to follow these tips below to insure proper application.
- Any bubbles left after application can be pricked with a needle and worked out with your finger from the outside in. Most small bubbles will dissipate in the sun over time.
- The use of a heat gun or hair drier and wet application may help with difficult applications.
- Automotive Clear Coat can be used but is not necessary.